You can use any favorite potato, I used red potatoes in the photographs you see in this post and that is my preference. Gold, yukon, and Idaho or russet potatoes all work great too though. Be sure not to slice them too thick or they will take a long time to cook. They should be thinner than a quarter of an inch.
You can use fresh herbs, as suggested in the recipe OR you can substitute 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning.
30 minutes and a skillet is all you need to whip up this incredibly flavorful and hearty one pan creamy garlic herb chicken & potatoes meal.
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to even thickness) OR 4-6 chicken thighs + salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced potatoes (see note)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I added extra whole cloves at the end for aesthetic, completely optional)
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped rosemary (see note)
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- ¼ teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs for topping (optional)
Please, use the next page button below for the recipe and ingredients and don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on Facebook.