One of my most requested recipes is lasagna soup, it is so flavourful and delicious and easier to make then you think!
Servings 6 people
Cook Time 30 minutes
* 1 Lb lean ground beef (or pork or half Italian sausage)
* 1 Yellow onion diced
* 4-5 Cloves garlic minced
* 1/4 Tsp red pepper flakes
* 1 (24oz) jar spaghetti sauce
* 8-10 Cups chicken broth divided
* 1 (14oz) can crushed tomatoes
* 2 Tbsp tomato paste
* 2 Tsp balsamic vinegar
* 1 1/2 Tsp granulated sugar
* 1 Tbsp dried basil
* 1 Tsp dried parsley
* 1 Tsp dried oregano
* 1 Whole bay leaf
* 1 Tsp salt
* 1/2 Tsp pepper
* 10 Inch lasagna noodles uncooked, broken into 1-2 pieces
Cheese Topping Instructions
* mozzarella cheese shredded
* Parmesan cheese grated
* ricotta cheese
1. In a large pot add meat and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked through.
2. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute.
3. Drain fat.
4. Add spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes,tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices and the lasagna noodles.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Discard bay leaf and add 2-4 cups chicken broth to reach desired consistency.
8. For topping you can mix it up and add it straight into your soup, this is what I did and it make my soup nice and thick and flavourful. Or you can save it to use as topping on top of each individual bowl.
9. Refrigerate any leftovers.