An easy recipe for Alice Springs Chicken, an Outback Steakhousecopycat recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 ” thick
- honey mustard
- 6 slices bacon, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick’s Season All
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups shredded Colby or 3 cups Monterey jack cheese
- Rub chicken breast with Seasonal All and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- While the breast is marinating fry bacon crisp and drain.
- Sauté chicken breasts on medium heat in the pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking.
- Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry.
- Remove from pan and place in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three pieces of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/jack cheese, the chicken should be covered with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and extra honey mustard may be served on the side.