So good your mouth will water for more! These easy and quick sandwiches are perfect for busy days. My go-to for game nights and a filling on-the-go meal. And these delish baked meatball sandwiches can easily feed the crowd!
I love how simple and straightforward this is. All you need are sandwich rolls, cooked meatballs, pasta sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. These sandwiches are packed, freaking delicious with gooey cheese on top. These babies have been the most requested, especially during game nights. Good thing these are a breeze to make because I usually make them in batches. Serve them immediately and they are gone in a blink! This is a real keeper and perfect for a busy bee like me. I just pop these in the oven and when I’m done preparing, grab one and go!
- Sandwich rolls (cut with one side intact)
- Cooked Meatballs (your favorite recipe or frozen, pre-made meatballs)
- Pasta Sauce (homemade or jarred)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How to make Oven Baked Meatball Sandwiches
- Step 1: Using a cooking spray, grease a baking sheet.
- Step 2: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 400 degrees F.
- Step 3: In a large pot, place the frozen cooked meatballs or homemade cooked meatballs. Pour in the pasta sauce enough to cover the meatballs. Then, gently fold the meatballs with the sauce and heat on low medium heat. Occasionally stir until heated through.
- Step 4: Stuff a roll with as many meatballs, about 4 to 5 pieces of meatballs can fit in the roll depending on the size of rolls and meatballs. Top it with more pasta sauce from the pot and transfer the filled rolls on the prepared baking sheet closely to each other. Sprinkle over shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Step 5: Place inside the preheated oven and bake until bubbly and the cheese is melted.