This Autoimmune Paleo Meatloaf recipe uses nightshade free seasonings and an optional tomato-free sauce…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley + extra for garnish
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups Tomato sauce, or tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Using a large skillet, melt 1 tsp of coconut oil and lightly sauté the zucchini, carrots, and onion until soft. Remove from heat when finished.
- Combine the beef and pork in a large mixing bowl and stir in the sautéed vegetables, and seasonings. Mix well to combine.
- Add the mixture to the loaf pan and evenly flatten.
- Bake for 50-60 minute or until temperature reads 160 F with a thermometer.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Top with sauce and extra parsley for garnish.