This buffalo ranch chicken meatloaf is packed with flavor, wrapped in bacon and topped with a spicy buffalo ranch sauce! Paleo & Whole30 compliant, family friendly and easy to make…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
For the Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- 1/4 cup homemade mayo or avocado oil mayo
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
For the Meatloaf
- 1.5 lb organic ground chicken*
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce – 1/2 to make kid-friendly
- 6-8 pieces nitrate-free bacon Whole30 compliant – My favorite sugar-free Paleo bacon!
- Buffalo ranch see below, and thinly sliced scallions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8 x 4-inch medium loaf pan with very lightly greasing.
- In a large bowl, mix together all meatloaf ingredient with your hands until fully combined, but do not over-mix or the meat will be tough.
- Place the mixture in the prepared loaf pan, place each bacon slice over the top to cover and tuck each strip down the sides of the loaf.
- You might need to cut your bacon so it doesn’t go all the way underneath, however, it’s up to you.
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and Bake in 350F oven for 45-50 minutes until juices run clear, then place under the broiler to crisp up the bacon for 5 minutes, or until cooked to preference.
- Allow the meatloaf to sit 10 minutes before transferring to a serving platter and slicing.
- To make the buffalo ranch sauce, mix all ingredients well in a small bowl.
- Once your meatloaf is done, spoon the sauce over the top or use as a dipping sauce and garnish with scallions.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator without the sauce, store any leftover sauce covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.