These Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos taste just like the real thing! Crunchy, spicy, and all around perfect these gluten-free tacos will be the star of dinner tonight…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
BANG BANG SAUCE
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise Primal Kitchen or homemade
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce recipe below
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- 3.5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
TACOS + SALW
- 1.5 lb shrimp peeled
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup napa cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- To make the sweet chili sauce combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened. Let cool then mix with the mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded Napa cabbage, shredded red cabbage, minced cilantro, and green onions.
- Toss with the 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon honey and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- To make the tortillas combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add a bit of coconut oil or butter to the pan.
- Pour in 1/5 of the batter at a time and spread out into about a 6″ circle.
- Allow cooking 1-2 minutes then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- The tortillas should be soft and foldable but golden brown. Repeat until you have 8 tortillas and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Toss shrimp with tapioca until covered and place in skillet.
- Fry 2 minutes until golden, flip and fry another 2-3 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Toss with Bang Bang sauce.
- To assemble place slaw in tortilla and top with shrimp and a drizzle of Sriracha if desired