Paleo Blueberry Banana Muffins taste just like a bakery muffin but are healthy…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 large overripe bananas about 1 cup, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon). Set aside.
- In a large, glass mixing bowl melt together coconut oil and almond butter (for about 1 minute on high), stir until combined.
- Add mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add eggs and stir until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into each muffin well (so it’s about ¾ of the way full).
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are set, golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing each muffin from its well and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- To freeze: let cool then place muffins in an airtight container and put in the freezer. To reheat microwave on high for about 30 seconds per muffin!