Paleo carnitas made from pork tenderloin in the Crockpot. This paleo carnitas is made with pork tenderloin in the Crockpot for a super easy Whole30 dinner. Pork tenderloin makes these paleo carnitas super budget-friendly, and they’re full of flavor, making them perfect for a Chipotle copycat Whole30 carnitas bowl like you’d get at Chipotle…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin or loin
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Juice of one lime
- Juice of one navel orange
Pork Tenderloin Rub
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil
- Pat dry pork tenderloin with paper towels.
- Combine rub ingredients and rub all over tenderloin then place in your Crockpot.
- Top with remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- When done, the meat will be cooked through and very tender, easily separated with a fork.
- Remove the tenderloin from the Crockpot and shred the meat with two forks. Do not discard juices.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add enough carnitas to cover the surface without crowding and ladle a little of the carnitas juice over.
- Cook until juice has evaporated and bottom of carnitas is crispy and browned.
- Flip and cook briefly, but not until too brown.
- Remove from skillet and drizzle with a little more juice. Serve.