If you are feeling ambitious, consider serving this Chicken Parmesan with Caesar Salad, and you will have Tyler’s favorite combination…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded 1/2″ thick
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg beaten with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 6 slices of fresh mozzarella or 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and oregano.
- Sauté a few seconds until fragrant, add the tomato sauce and salt. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the almond flour, parmesan, and sea salt in a bowl plate.
- In the second bowl plate, beat the egg with the salt.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the chicken cutlets one by one into the egg mixture, and then dredge them in the almond flour mixture.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan and fry cutlets in batches of two at a time until golden brown on each side (a couple of minutes per side).
- Place the pan-fried cutlets on a parchment lined the baking sheet or in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- Place a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese over the top of each cutlet, and bake for 6-10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with tomato sauce, freshly sliced basil, and your choice of noodles.