This soup is like a creamy chicken pot pie… without the crust or the dairy. It’s so comforting and satisfying. Oh, and it’s easy to make too…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 18 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded (preferably organic)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbs grass-fed butter or ghee
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 lb yellow potatoes (half of them peeled and roughly chopped; the other half cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 cups chicken broth (I used bone broth)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp dried dill (use fresh if you have it)
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Add the peeled, roughly chopped potatoes and the broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes and onions to a blender and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whiz them up until nice and creamy.
- Add the carrots and celery to the broth in the pot.
- Add the bite-sized potatoes.
- Add the contents of the blender.
- Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the chicken, scallions, and herbs and cook another 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls.