These chocolate chip cookie dough truffles taste decadent but are paleo, vegan and made with clean ingredients! A grain free, dairy free, edible chocolate chip cookie dough is dipped in an easy homemade dark chocolate for a dessert that everyone will go wild for…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 32 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
For The Chocolate
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted, if necessary
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine grain sea salt
For The Cookie Dough
- 1 2/3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil melted (refined has no coconut flavor)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey (not vegan)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life brand OR homemade chocolate chunks
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, whisk together the coconut oil, cacao powder (sift first if your is very lumpy) and maple syrup until a smooth shiny mixture forms (this only takes a minute)
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Allow sitting at room temp 5-10 mins – long enough to let the chocolate thicken up a bit for dipping the truffles.
- After cookie dough has chilled for 10-15 mins, line a large baking sheet or platter with parchment.
- Roll dough into small balls and dip each one in the chocolate using a small spoon – chocolate should be the consistency of melted chocolate now.
- Whisk if necessary, or allow to cool more if it’s still too thin.
- After dipping in chocolate, place each truffle on the baking sheet to cool.
- Once the chocolate hardens, drizzle more over the top if desired, then place a baking sheet in the refrigerator 10 mins until chocolate hardens.
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator
For Cookie Dough
- Combine all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a bowl and stir well until a thick sticky dough forms (it doesn’t seem to matter what order you add the ingredients.) Stir in the chocolate chips after the dough is combined, then chill dough in the refrigerator while you make the chocolate.