This fudgy gingerbread chocolate chip skillet cookie is out-of-this-world delicious. Made with coconut flour and almond butter for the perfect dense, chewy texture, spiced just right and sweetened with coconut sugar and molasses. Coconut vanilla ice cream and dairy-free salted caramel to top makes this dessert perfectly decadent for the holidays or anytime…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 egg plus 1 egg-yolk room temp
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic molasses
- 2/3 cup smooth almond butter the creamier, the better
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil soft but solid, refined with no coconut flavor
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 7 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9-10″ cast iron skillet, or 2 6″ skillets with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine the egg and egg yolk, coconut sugar and molasses until smooth.
- Add the almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet until a thick, sticky dough forms, then stir in the chocolate chips, leaving a small handful to sprinkle over the top before baking.
- Spread the dough evenly in the skillet(s), smoothing the top, then sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sides puff up and the middle is just set, 12-14 minutes for 2 small skillets and 15-17 for one large, do not overbake, watch for signs that they’re done.
- Serve warm with coconut vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce, if desired.