Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with a Chocolate Swirl Top – a simple, one bowl recipe perfect for the perfect fall treat | gluten-free + grain free + dairy free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 2 oz dairy-free dark chocolate chopped or in chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Heat your oven to 350°F/180°C
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add the vanilla, honey, and oil to the eggs, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, and all of your spices to the pumpkin batter and mix until combined making sure that you have no lumps in your batter.
- Add the 1 teaspoon coconut oil and chocolate to a small, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Grease or line your muffin tins. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffins tins.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle some of the melted chocolate over the top of each muffin cup. Using a knife or a toothpick swirl the chocolate.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a knife going into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before flipping the tin over and removing the muffins.