These classic paleo waffles are crisp on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, freezable, and family approved! Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar-free, and easy to make…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 3 eggs room temp, separated**
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk full fat or light
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil refined, melted and cooled to almost room temp
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder *see note to make paleo corn-free baking powder if desired
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup, combine all the dry ingredients
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks**, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil
andvanilla, then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix by hand until well combined.
- If separating the eggs, beat the egg whites on high speed with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form, then fold egg whites into batter to combine.
- Heat your waffle iron and brush it well with coconut oil (I love this brush!)
- Pour batter into the center of the iron, gently spreading just a bit before closing. Cook waffles according to your waffle iron’s instructions. This recipe will make about 4-6 servings but may vary depending on your iron. I use this round one and love it – no sticking!
- Serve with optional toppings such as berries, nut butter, coconut whipped cream
andadditional maple syrup.