This Egg Roll in a Bowl has all of the great flavors of Egg Rolls, but it’s an Easy One Pan Meal without the grain wrapper…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 9 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 med onions, finely chopped/minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp organic unrefined sesame oil (see notes for why to buy unrefined sesame oil). Use another oil for AIP.
- 1 1/2 tsp organic ginger (powdered)
- 1/2 tsp organic black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp organic garlic granules (or 4 cloves garlic) (see how to make Homemade Garlic Powder)
- 1/2 tsp organic salt (Real Salt and Celtic Sea Salt are great options)
- 1/16 tsp organic stevia extract (or 4 T other sweeteners) (optional)
- organic crushed red pepper to taste (optional. Omit for AIP)
- 2 Tbsp organic white wine (omit or substitute more broth for AIP.)
- 1/3 cup organic beef broth (see Homemade Broth Tips)
- 4 tsp organic tamari, organic liquid aminos, organic soy sauce, or organic coconut aminos or to taste
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef (or ground or finely chopped chicken). Pork can be used as well. Omit for vegan or for a vegetable side.
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
- Place meat in the large pan and cook until browned.
- On medium-high heat, add the onions and sesame oil. Cook until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add spices, sweetener, red pepper, wine, and broth to the pan and stir well.
- Add the cabbage and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage slightly wilts.
- Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add tamari to taste and adjust flavorings as desired.
- Serve plain or over rice or cauliflower rice.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.