These homemade garlic jalapeño chicken sausage patties are a tasty, healthy addition to any meal and pack tons of flavor! They’re paleo, Whole30 friendly, quick, simple, and perfect to make ahead of time…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh jalapeños
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp red onion minced
- 2 Tbsp ghee divided
- 1 lb ground chicken not too lean
- pinch red cayenne pepper or more, according to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- pinch nutmeg optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp ghee in a small skillet over med heat. Add minced onion and cook about 30-60 seconds until soft and translucent. Add the jalapeño and garlic, stir, and continue to cook over medium 30-45 seconds until just softened. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with all the spices, salt, and pepper.
- Once the cooked mixture has cooled a bit (it can still be warm) add it to chicken mixture (along with any ghee still in the skillet) and mix with your hands until evenly distributed.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add remaining ghee.
- Form mixture into small patties about 1/2” thick (you’ll make 8-10) and fry on each side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, adjusting heat to avoid burning the outside if necessary.
- Serve right away, or you can freeze after cooking for later use (meal prep.)