Roasted and finely chopped cremini mushrooms are blended with chopped spinach, organic pork, and the perfect spices for these easy make-ahead healthy homemade sausage patties! Paleo and Whole30 friendly…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 pound organic ground pork or your favorite ground meat
- Cremini Mushrooms about 2 cups whole (3/4 cup finely chopped and roasted*)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil for roasting mushrooms
- A handful of fresh spinach very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper depending on the level of spice preferred
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1-2 tsp olive oil or other cooking fat for frying the patties
- First, roast your mushrooms whole:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the mushrooms with the 1/2 tsp olive oil and spread out evenly on a foil-lined baking sheet, then roast for about 10-15 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Allow cooling prior to chopping.
- Once mushrooms have cooled enough, chop them to a fine consistency similar to that of your ground meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, roasted chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach, salt, and all the spices and mix well.
- Form the mixture into about 10 small patties. Heat a large heavy skillet to med/med-hi heat and add your cooking fat to ensure the patties won’t stick while cooking.
- Cook the patties (in batches if you need to) 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through with a golden brown exterior. You can either serve right away or allow to cool and then freeze for later use.