Super easy one-pan Paleo Pesto Baked Chicken that’s kid-friendly, Whole30 friendly, healthy and seriously delicious! Ready in 30 minutes and perfect for weeknights…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
For the Pesto
- 1 cup raw shelled walnuts
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup light flavored olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt you can adjust to your taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
For the Chicken:
- 1.5 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt & pepper
- 4 slices tomato
- generous pinch Italian seasoning I used this one
- generous pinch nutritional yeast
- First, make the pesto while you preheat your oven to 400 F. You can also make the pesto the day before and store in the fridge to eliminate prep time.
- Add all of the pesto ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and process/blend on high speed until a “paste” forms, stopping to scrape the sides and stir once or twice for even blending.
- Store the pesto in a covered container/jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Place the chicken breasts in a well greased baking dish or cast iron skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then, generously spread the pesto all over the chicken (I went VERY generous!) and save the rest for another recipe.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 tomato slices and a generous pinch of nutritional yeast and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated 400 F oven for 25-30 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Slice chicken as desired and serve! Makes 4-6 servings.