Loaded with warm and sweet pumpkin spice and sweetened with pure maple syrup, this grain-free & Paleo pumpkin french toast bake makes the perfect weekend or holiday fall brunch…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 loaf Simple Paleo Pumpkin Bread completely cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- coconut oil to grease baking dish
- 1/4 cup raw pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins roughly chopped
- 1 tsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Make sure your loaf of pumpkin bread is cooled completely before slicing, then cut the loaf into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and arrange the cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Toast the bread cubes in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes until just very lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the liquid mixture.
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Generously grease a square baking dish with coconut oil and add the toasted pumpkin bread cubes.
- Slowly pour the liquid mixture over the bread cubes, then top with the optional pecans, raisins, coconut sugar, and cinnamon if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set and the top is golden brown.
- Serve topped with additional maple syrup if desired.