This briny, veggie-centric take on the steak will please both your inner carnivore and herbivore…
- 1/4 c. Chopped red onion
- 1/4 c. chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 lb. skirt steak, cut into four pieces
- 1 tsp. oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 c. baby spinach (10 oz.)
- Combine onion, olives, chili flakes, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl.
- Toss to combine and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Season steak with oregano and salt and pepper.
- Cook, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130° for medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and let rest 5 minutes, then slice.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add spinach, tossing to wilt about 1 minute.
- Divide spinach and steak among four plates and top with olive relish.