Spinach Artichoke Twice Baked Potatoes that are so creamy and packed with “cheesy” flavor that you’ll never believe they’re dairy-free, paleo, Whole30 compliant and vegan! Great side dish or meal paired with a salad…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 7 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 4 small/medium russet potatoes
- 5 oz container fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 of a 14 oz can artichoke hearts check ingredients
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small can 5.3 oz coconut cream
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp ghee or butter-flavored coconut oil
- Rub the potatoes with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt if desired, Bake the potatoes at 400 for 1 hour or until soft inside
- Once cooled, cut each potato open lengthwise and scoop out the inside, leaving a thin layer.
- You will use the inside of 3 of the potatoes, discard the inside only of the 4th, or save for another use
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, then the garlic and cook until just softened.
- Add the chopped spinach and sautée, stirring until wilted, then add the chopped artichoke hearts and a sprinkle of salt and cook one more minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash or blend together the insides from 3 potatoes with the coconut cream, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, ghee or coconut oil, plus 3/4 tsp of salt
- Combine the potato mixture with the spinach artichoke mixture, then scoop into the hollowed potatoes
- Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.
- You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days – they reheat in the oven or toaster oven really well!