Sear lamb on the BBQ and serve with orange slices and cream cheese for a delicious summer salad your guests will love…
- 2 delicata squash, halved, seeds removed, and thinly sliced into half moons
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On a baking sheet, toss squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter with thyme sprigs and roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Discard thyme.
- Meanwhile, season steak generously with salt and pepper.
- Grease a grill pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Grill steak 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, let sit 5 minutes, then slice thinly diagonally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey, then slowly whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, drizzle spinach and roasted squash with 2/3 of the vinaigrette, tossing gently to combine.
- Add more vinaigrette if you like.
- Divide mixture among 4 plates and top with grilled steak and blue cheese. Serve immediately.