Stuffed peppers are one of those dinners that are so easy to make but looks elegant enough for dinner guests. Back in our pre-paleo days, I would load up on rice and cheese in our peppers, and all that really did was add bulk, not nutrients and real substance. The beauty of now making grain-free, dairy-free stuffed peppers is that we’re actually getting more nutrients in the same amount of food…
Ingredients [ For 18 to 19 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil + more for baking dish
- 1 lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef or Bison
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can Diced Jalapenos or Mild Green Chiles drained
- 1/2 can Black Olives drained and sliced
- 3 large Bell Peppers halved and seeded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a 9×13 glass baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic to the skillet and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground bison/beef, cumin, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook until the bison/beef is completely browned, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes, drained jalapenos/chiles, and 1/2 of the olives until evenly combined. Remove from heat.
- Using a large cookie scoop (easiest) or a spoon, scoop the meat mixture into the hollowed out pepper halves. sprinkle the remaining half of black olives on top of the stuffed peppers.
- Place the peppers, cut side up, in the oiled baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with a side of guacamole and ranch dressing (optional).