The easiest paleo gnocchi made with 2 ingredients! Flourless sweet potato gnocchi served with dairy-free spinach cream sauce! Whole30, paleo, and gluten-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion minced
- 2-3 large garlic cloves
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour optional- as a thickener
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- optional red chili pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato cooked-boiled until soft
- 1/2 cup cassava flour use Anthony’s Goods brand to get same results
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- In a skillet saute the minced onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil for the sauce until golden then set aside.
- Add rest of ingredients for the sauce (except spinach and leave out tapioca flour if you want the sauce to be thinner) to the sautéed onion and garlic.
- Bring sauce to a low boil and boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously (otherwise the flour will clump in the sauce) until sauce thickens.
- Then stir in spinach, let it wilt, and add gnocchi.
- In a bowl stir together the cooked mashed sweet potato and flour (use Anthony’s Goods brand to get same results) for the gnocchi until completely smooth.
- If you don’t have cooked sweet potato on hand, make it by peeling a large sweet potato, cut into 2″ chunks, and boiling in water until soft (drain water from sweet potatoes after boiling).
- Separate dough into four equal parts and roll out into 3/4″ diameter tubes on a surface dusted lightly with cassava flour.
- Cut the tubes of dough into 1″ pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop gnocchi into it.
- Once they have risen to the surface, remove, and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into the pan.
- Add gnocchi and cook on each side until golden, then remove.