Baked Thai meatballs packed with fresh flavors and paired with a simple chili sauce…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 large carrot about 1/2 cup shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 red chili chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion green parts only for Low FODMAP, chopped + more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Aminos or 1 -2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce* see note
- 3/4 salt to your taste *see note
- pepper to your taste
- 1 egg
- Dash red pepper flakes optional
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Aminos * OR 2-3 tablespoons for gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce only if you use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 garlic clove crushed omit for low FODMAP
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
- In a bowl combine all of your meatball ingredients. Mix well and form into balls.
- If the mixture is a bit wet and sticky, wet your hand with a little water and then roll the balls.
- Place balls on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small pot over medium heat.
- Once boiling, stir, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- When meatballs are done pour sauce over it or use the sauce as a dipping sauce