Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing made grain free with a healthy twist. This holiday dish has the flavor of traditional stuffing without the grains. Easy to make and crowd-pleasing…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 lb ground turkey extra lean
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato peeled & diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 apple diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Pull out an 11″x8″ baking dish and set aside.
- Heat a skillet with the extra virgin olive oil and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the sweet potato 7-8 minutes on the stove until slightly tender (not fully cooked) then add the ground turkey, celery, apple, mushrooms, dried parsley, and thyme.
- Stir to combine and cook until the meat is browned another 5-7 minutes.
- Once the turkey is cooked, transfer the contents of the pan to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cranberries and pecans. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the contents of the mixing bowl into the baking dish. No greasing is necessary.
- In a small ramekin, whisk together the egg whites and vinegar then pour over the content in the baking dish evenly.
- Bake at 375 F 15-18 minutes until browned then remove from the oven and serve!