Easy one-pan Paleo turkey meatballs with apples and herbs for a warm seasonal combination of sweet and savory flavors. These turkey meatballs are great for kids and weeknight dinners, Whole30 friendly and ready in 20 minutes…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey 85-94% lean (not too lean)
- 1 medium apple peeled and shredded/grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh sage leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for frying or your favorite cooking fat
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and have a large ovenproof skillet ready to cook the meatballs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix with your hands to evenly distribute, but don’t overwork the meat.
- Preheat your ovenproof skillet over med-hi heat and add the coconut oil.
- Form the turkey mixture into 13-14 meatballs and add to the hot skillet.
- Allow them to brown on all sides, turning as needed, for 5 minutes.
- After the meatballs are browned, transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 more minutes until juices run clear and they’re cooked through.
- Remove from oven, and serve with your favorite veggies noodles or potatoes, with more fresh herbs for garnish.