Turkey Meatballs are simple to make, delicious to eat, and are grain free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb turkey sausage ground or in the casing
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 egg beaten
- 28 oz San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- Heat your oven to broil.
- In a large bowl, mix together both ground turkey and sausage until well blended.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and almond meal. Add mixture to the meat.
- With your hands, mix together the spices and beat until well incorporated. Add in beaten egg and continue to mix well.
- Form meat mixture into large meatballs (about 1.5-2 inches in diameter).
- Place meatballs on a large cookie sheet. Broil for just 2-3 minutes, enough to allow the meatballs to stay together when thrown in the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot.
For the Slow Cooker:
- Add meatballs to slow cooker.
- Top meatballs with tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and vinegar.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve plain with fresh basil, or with spaghetti squash.
For the Instant Pot:
- Select the Saute function on your Instant Pot.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil. Toss in chopped onion and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Select Cancel.
- Now add tomato sauce, vinegar, and salt. Then add meatballs.
- Secure the lid. Select the manual function an cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use a natural release.
- Serve with fresh basil, and plain. Or serve over spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.