The combination of cherry pie filling and strawberry gelatin came about by accident. I began to prepare this recipe, but my strawberries weren’t … Patriotic Gelatin Fruit Salad Recipe Gelatin Fruit Salad Recipe, Fruit Salad … Patriotic Trifle Recipe is the perfect dessert for 4th of July, Memorial Day or any.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 6 oz box of blueberry gelatin (2 small boxes)
- 6 oz box of strawberry gelatin (2 small boxes)
- 1-2 c fresh cleaned and rinsed blueberries
- 1 can(s) prepared sweet cherry pie filling
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping (2 regular tubs)
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. The day before making the fruit gelatin, put the frozen whipped topping in the refrigerator to thaw. Also, put the cherry pie filling and the trifle bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
2. An hour before making the recipe, set the cream cheese out on the counter to reach room temperature.
3. Make the blueberry gelatin as directed on the package except use 2 cups of boiling water and only 1 cup of cold water. Place the mixture in the refrigerator.
4. Save a few blueberries for garnish. When the blueberry gelatin just beginning to congeal (consistency of egg white), stir in the rest of the fresh blueberries. Pour the blueberry mixture into the trifle bowl. Place it in the refrigerator to set.
5. In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Turn the mixer to low speed and gently add 8 ounces of frozen whipped topping. Don’t over mix. Add the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
6. Scoop the mixture into the trifle bowl on top of the blueberry layer when it has set. Refrigerate until firm.
7. Once the cream cheese layer is firm, begin making the next layer.
8. Make the strawberry gelatin using 2 cups of boiling water and only 1 cup of cold water. Chill until it begins to congeal. Then, stir in all the contents of the cherry pie filling.
9. Gently pour this mixture on top of the cream cheese layer.
10. Once the cherry/strawberry layer is firm, top it with the rest of the whipped topping. Garnish with the reserved blueberries. Keep cold until serving. Cherries and strawberries would also be excellent garnish!
11. This recipe is good for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. It is a good idea to make it the day ahead of service.