Sweet peaches, delicate almonds, and an all-butter crust come together in this simple peach almond galette…
- pkg refrigerated pie crust
- 3large ripe freestone peaches
- 4 1/2 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tsp butter
- 1egg white
- Preheat over to 425. Place parchment paper over a cookie sheet or sheet with an edge.
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath.
- Unroll pie crust and place on parchment paper. Gently stretch crust from the center out to get about a 12-inch round size.
- One at a time, with a slotted spoon, place a peach into the boiling water for about 45 seconds.
- Remove and immediately place into the ice bath. With fingers gently remove the skin from peaches.
- Repeat with other two peaches. Gently dry peaches with a paper towel. Slice peaches into 1/4 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Mix together flour and 4 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle over peaches. Add almond extract and vanilla extract. Mix gently.
- Arrange peaches on the crust by overlapping, forming about an 8-inch circle. Randomly dot butter on top.
- Carefully fold the edges of the crust around the filling. Whisk egg white with a fork and using a pastry brush apply to the outside of the crust.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar and sliced almonds on top.
- Bake in center of the oven for about 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
- It was great with a little vanilla ice cream!