Have you ever heard of pretzel salad before? If not, it might sound completely confounding…but that’s probably just because it’s a very retro …
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cans peaches, drained, peaches pat dry
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped package
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (6 oz.) package peach jello
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF, and grease a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzels, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in melted butter, and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer pretzel mixture to baking dish, and gently press into an even layer. Bake crust for 8-10 minutes, then set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar, then gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mixture over cooled crust, then refrigerate 1 hour, or until set.
- In a large bowl, combine jello packet with boiling water and stir thoroughly until completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- Top the cream cheese layer of the cake with peach slices, then gently pour gelatin over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set, 2-3 hours. Serve chilled, and enjoy!