I had bought a carton of Minute Maid peach drink and was surprised how good it tasted. I thought it would be great in a peach cobbler. SO—I started making a PEACHY-PEACH cobbler. I hope you enjoy!!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 20 Min
2 can(s) (29 oz each) of peach pieces in light syrup, drain and save syrup
1 stick unsalted butter
2 c bisquick (original)
1 c milk
1 c peach drink (i used minute maid peach)
1 c gradulated sugar
1 c sugar/cinnamon blend (1 cup sugar 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon)
2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
3 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp peach drink (minute maid peach)
2 Tbsp sugar/cinnamon blend
1. Open the cans of peaches and drain, putting peaches in a medium bowl, and saving the syrup, and placing the syrup in a medium saucepan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take the stick of unsalted butter and put in a 9×13 baking dish, and place in oven. Remove from oven after the butter melts, and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, milk, peach drink, sugar, sugar/cinnamon blend and 1 tsp vanilla extract. With a wire whisk, mix all until smooth. Set aside.
4. Combine the cornstarch and peach drink together in a cup. Mix until smooth. Set aside. Place the syrup over medium-high heat, and bring to a light boil. Add cornstarch mixture to syrup. Cook until the syrup gets thick, remove from heat and add rest (1 tsp) of vanilla extract. Set aside.
5. With the hot butter in baking pan, pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT STIR!!! Place reserved peaches over the batter, completely covering the batter evenly with peaches. DO NOT STIR!!! Adding the syrup mixture over the peaches. DO NOT STIR!!!
6. Place a cookie sheet on the bottom rack, large enough to catch any dripping for the cobbler. Place the cobble on the center rack in oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or, until the crust is dark golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, and sprinkle your 2 tbsp. of sugar/cinnamon on top of cobbler. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. Great with vanilla ice cream.