MY MOM MADE THESE CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PEANUT BUTTER EGGS FOR MANY YEARS. SHE WOULD PUT OUR NAMES ON THEM IN FROSTING AND DECORATE WITH BUNNIES AND FLOWERS.
- 1 lb. (about 3 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or marg, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix together with hands until thoroughly blended.
- Shape into eggs. Chill until firm. Dip in chocolate coating.
- To melt chocolate for coating, a crockpot on low heat works well.
- It keeps the chocolate at a uniform heat.