- 4 stick butter
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour (cake or
- 8 large eggs, 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 to 3 tsp of vanilla flavoring
- I leave my cream cheese, butter and eggs out to reach room temp.
- In Mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add eggs one or two at a time, then add flour one cup at a time. Last, add 2 to 3 tsp of vanilla flavoring.
- Grease and flour your tube pan and pour in batter.
- You will put
batterin first, then sprinkle pecans and brown sugar on top (a cup or little more of each), lightly press into the batter.
- Bake on 300
degreefor 1 hour and 15 minutes, (you may want to tent the top with foil if it is browning to fast or nuts are scorching) then increase heat to 325 and bake another 30 minutes.
- You can test for doneness with a wooden skewer. If you insert and cake is not done (still wet), allow
to bakea little longer until skewercan be inserted and comes out dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before removing from pan. When you invert onto a plate, you may lose a few nuts, but as you can see from my picture, they kind of bake into the top crust, then turn onto another plate so pecans are on top!
- Then, drizzle with a jar of caramel that you would use on ice cream. I like Hershey’s, but have used several and whatever is on sale! LOU As always, my recipes are a guide.
- Be creative…make
Additional note: I am getting questions from several people about things not listed such as milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt etc… Feel free to tweak your cake and add what you like, but what is written is what I did. Pecan Pie Pound Cake