It isn’t the holidays without a pecan pie on the table and this recipe is a yummy one. The filling is sweet and nutty. There’s a nice mix of textures with the crunchy nuts and the gooey filling. Your family will love this homemade pie after their holiday meal.
- 1 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c corn syrup (I use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c pecans, coarsely broken and whole ones
- 1/4 c butter softened
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
1. In a saucepan boil sugar and corn syrups together for 2-3 minutes.
2. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
4. Very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
5. Make sure it’s smooth.
6. Stir in the room temperature butter (if you need to nuke it not to the melted point just so it’s soft). Stir in the vanilla too.
7. Add the roughly chopped pecans and stir together.
8. Pour into the pie crust.
9. Top the pie with the whole pecans.
10. Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes or until set.