This Pepper Jack Meatloaf Recipe is to die for! Very flavorful and cheesy! Best Meatloaf recipe ever…
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa, optional
How to make it :
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, s, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over meat to within 1/2 in. of sides. Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa if desired. Makes 6 servings.