Nothing ever goes wrong with cheese, do you agree with me? These Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls is something you can enjoy while sitting and watching your favorite drama or even sports. I love a healthy Philly cheesesteak sandwich, and inside a crispy wrapper, these egg rolls have the same sweet and savory flavors.
I just can’t get enough of the mix of steak, pepper, and cheese. These Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls are a super fun appetizer. When I serve them at events, I still get so many compliments. Try this recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 35mins | Total: 1 hr | Serving: 24 | Yield: 24 egg rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- (1) yellow onion, chopped
- (½) green bell pepper, chopped
- (24) eaches egg roll wrappers
- (12) slices American cheese
- ¾ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add and cook beef, breaking apart as little as possible, until browned and still the size of peas for 5 to 7 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Add and stir gently and remove the mixture from pan.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add onion and bell pepper, and then cook and stir until browned for 5 to 7 minutes. Put the beef mixture back to the skillet and stir to combine. Let filling cool while preparing the wrappers.
- On a flat surface, lay egg roll wrappers. Add and place 1/2 a slice of American cheese onto each. Add 3 tbsp of filling on top of each egg roll. Pull bottom left corner over the filling and fold the two sides in, moistening edges with water as you go, and then roll tightly.
- Heat about 1-inch oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add and fry 3 to 4 egg rolls at a time until browned for 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
Per Serving: 133.4 calories; 28.3 mg cholesterol; 330.3 mg sodium; 7.2 g protein; 6 g carbohydrates.