And how could we finish the week better than a burger?! It has so many of my favorite stuff – barbecue sauce, pineapple, bacon. I mean, how could you go wrong? It is super quick, something you can probably put together at the end of a long day and don’t want to do so much for dinner. It is very easy to make and would only take a few minutes to prepare, but the outcome is very delicious. And the best part? It is even better the next day. Try this recipe for Pineapple Bacon Burgers Recipe, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Would you not hate seeing the toppings falling off into your lap as you eat a burger? We solved this problem by wrapping it together, allowing the sweet and smoky flavors to penetrate the meat. Until you taste how much island flair our Hawaiian-inspired burger has, you will never again be eating a regular burger. Consider this burger with a slice of cheese even more over-the-top—’because you know if bacon, pineapple, and cheese consider such a good team in pizza, they’ll be great on a burger. Or you can use this bacon-wrapping technique to dress up chicken breasts or go for the BBQ sauce very exotic and sub teriyaki.
Prep: 5mins | Cook: 20mins | Total: 25 mins | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 burgers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced pineapple
- (8) slices bacon
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix hamburger meat and barbecue sauce. Add and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into (4) large patties. Add and place a slice of pineapple on top of each. Crisscross (2) bacon strips around each burger, and secure with toothpicks.
- Brush oil on grate. Add and place burgers on grill over medium-low heat. Cook, covered until the burger is cooked through. Turn often to avoid burning the bacon.
Per Serving: 945.7 calories; 208.3 mg cholesterol; 977.6 mg sodium; 46.7 g protein; 22.7 g carbohydrates.