My mom calls it ‘white trash souffle‘ because it’s best made with that long-lasting, favorite white bread! If desired, garnish with pineapple slices or maraschino …
- 1/4 butter (melted in the pan)
- 3eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 sugar
- 3-4 slice white bread (cubed) any kind of white bread will work
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 (20oz) can(s)crushed pineapple (drained)
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in an 8×8 pan. I just put the pan in the oven while preheating.
- Beat 3 eggs in medium bowl.
- To the eggs, add the sugar, milk, cubed bread, and pineapple.
- Fold all of these ingredients together and pour into the pan with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1 Tblsp. of sugar and Bake 45 minutes. Will be very hot and bubbly.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a tasty treats the kids will love!!
NOTE: You can even use cinnamon bread for a different variation.