The sauce alone of this dish is more than enough. Wait until you eat the meat with the sauce! Check your fridge if you have pork chops or even pork tenderloin. I promise you that you need this in your life right now.
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 30 mins | Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds boneless pork chops
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounces) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- Step 1: Place the pork chops on a clean plate. Make sure to clean and wipe them dry.
- Step 2: Season both sides of the chops with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Step 3: Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Step 4: Add about 2 tablespoons of butter and allow it to melt.
- Step 5: Add in the seasoned pork chops and sear both sides 2 to 4 minutes each or until the middle part is no longer pink and the sides are golden brown.
- Step 6: Remove the pork chops and place them on a clean plate then set aside.
- Step 7: Add in the rest of the butter into the skillet and allow it to melt.
- Step 8: Add in the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid is completely dry and the color turns golden.
- Step 9: Add in the chopped garlic and mustard. Cook for about 1 minute or until the garlic is aromatic. Do not overcook.
- Step 10: Add in the flour and stir until completely dissolved. Gently pour in the beef broth. Whisk until well blended.
- Step 11: Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 12: Turn the heat down to medium and allow the mixture to simmer while stirring occasionally. This will take about 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick. Add more seasoning if necessary.
- Step 13: Put the cooked chops back to the skillet and cooked for about 1 minute.
- Step 14: Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Step 15: Serve on a serving plate. Enjoy!
You can either use pork tenderloin or pork chops with bone.
You can also use chicken broth or vegetable broth. It tastes amazing as well.
If you do not have butter, you can just use olive oil.
Per Serving: 198.9 calories; protein 16.3g 33% DV; carbohydrates 3.1g 1% DV; fat 13.4g 21% DV; cholesterol 53.9mg 18% DV; sodium 332.7mg 13% DV.