In winter, we all love to have a nice warm soup for dinner. Yesterday, it was cold so I’ve decided to make this potato ham and cheese soup to warm us up. It was so delicious! Check it out.
- 3 cups of peeled and cubed yellow potatoes.
- 3 tbsps of butter.
- 1 small sweet chopped onion.
- 3 tbsps of all-purpose flour.
- 3 cups of milk.
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup of diced ham.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- 1 tsp of pepper.
- Boil the potatoes in a stock pot until desired tenderness then drains off the water reserving 1 cup for later use.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and sauté the onion.
- Now add the onion, butter, and flour to the stock pot and stir to mix together over low heat.
- Keep stirring until you get the thickness desired then remove from the heat.
- Now mix in the potatoes, milk, the cup of liquid, cheese and ham to the stock pot stir to mix and simmer over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes stirring from time to time until it thickens.
Simple, easy and creamy! Potatoes go perfectly with the ham and with that cheesy flavor, this soup is amazing! Give it a shot, you will love it.