Crispy, golden and cheesy! Good use of leftover mashed potatoes. This recipe is very versatile: you can add minced garlic, chives, or 1/4 cup of any shredded raw vegetable, or substitute the cheese with a tablespoon of sugar and serve with maple syrup.
- 2 CUPS MASHED POTATOES
- 1 EGG, BEATEN
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 CUP SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1 TABLESPOON BUTTER
- In a medium bowl, mix together potatoes, beaten egg, salt, and cheese.
- Melt butter on a large griddle at medium heat.
- Drop potato mixture onto griddle 1/4 cup at a time.
- Flatten with a spatula to 1/2 inch thick.
- Fry approximately 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve hot.