These Pumpkin Cookies are a beloved tradition and will be a beloved of all your holiday parties and Halloween parties. It’s mega soft, easy to manufacture, and loaded with more pumpkin goodness than your average cookie. Less is better, so far as the spices go; this is not a full-on pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread/cake. They are light and moist cookies with every bite getting a taste of dropping. Try this recipe for Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Additional: 30 mins | Total: 1 hr 10 mins | Serving: 36 | Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- (1) egg
- (1) (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Start by preheating the oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Add and whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl. Beat a cup butter, white sugar, brown sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, and egg with an electric mixer beating until mixture is smooth in a separate large bowl. Beat in pumpkin puree. Gradually stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture. The batter will be moist.
- Spoon the batter by teaspoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on sheets before removing to finish cooling on waxed paper.
- Add and beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and a tsp vanilla extract until soft and creamy in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add and beat in confectioners’ sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Frost cooled cookies with cream cheese frosting.
Per Serving: 152.3 calories; 24.7 mg cholesterol; 115 mg sodium; 1.3 g protein; 20.6 g carbohydrates.