Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake features a fabulous combination of cream cheese and pumpkin topped with crushed toffee candies. It is more than a bit ‘over the top’; it is the top! Serve it for dessert or for a special treat anytime…
- 1 3/4 cups (about 14 to 16) shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (about 25 to 30) crushed toffee candies
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of the 9-inch springform pan.
- BAKE for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch, and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust.
- BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
- COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake.
- BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove side of the springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
Tip: Smaller slices will yield more servings for larger groups.
CALORIES PER SERVING320
CALORIES FROM FAT180
% DAILY VALUE *
Total Fat 20g31%
Saturated Fat 11g55%
Dietary Fiber 1g4%