Are you looking for a great summer recipe to bring to every pool party or barbecue? We have you covered. We have a lighter, jam-packed salad that has lots of flavors, instead of the heavy, cream-based pasta salads of the past. We added lots of cheeses, black olives, Italian salami, and lots of seasoning with tri-color rotini pasta, ensuring that this pasta salad is still delicious and addictive.
One of my go-to potluck meals is pasta salads. Not only because everyone loves them, but pasta salads are super easy to make, and they’re even better when they’re prepared in advance, a simple, quick pasta salad with salami and bell peppers. It is a great dish, particularly for warmer months, as you can plan everything and throw it together just a few minutes before people are expected over or just before you’re ready to head out the door. Possibly, you have all the ingredients on hand, and the leftovers are even better.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10mins | Total: 25 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (12 oz) package tri-color rotini pasta
- ¾ pound Italian salami, finely diced
- (½) green bell pepper, sliced
- (½) red bell pepper, sliced
- (½) red onion, chopped
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 (6 oz) can slice black olives
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella balls (ciliegine)
- (3) (.7 oz) packages dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add and cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Then drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Combine pasta, salami, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, salad dressing, olives, and mozzarella cheese in a large bowl. Mix the dry salad dressing into pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Tri-color rotini does a great job keeping the cheese and Italian dressing in the crevices for full flavor, but you can use shells or other medium noodles you can find handy.
Per Serving: 370.9 calories; fat 21g 32% DV; cholesterol 46mg 15% DV; sodium 1893.1mg 76% DV; protein 15.2g 30% DV; carbohydrates 29.2g 9% DV.