Regular fried rice gets a protein boost when rice is swapped for quinoa in this healthy dinner recipe. Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand-broccoli, … Healthy Quinoa Fried “Rice” with chicken and vegetables. Easy, delicious and packed with protein! Better than take out and great for meal prep … Quinoa Fried Rice is a healthy version of the take-out favorite and an easy one pan dish that’s perfect for those busy weeknights.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts- cooked and cubed
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Fresh grated ginger
- Braggs Aminos to taste (or low sodium soy sauce if you don’t have this but I HIGHLY recommend it as a soy sauce substitute)
Pepper to taste
- Oil of choice- I use coconut oil
- *Add red chili flakes for an extra kick!
- The great thing about this recipe is you can throw whatever veggies you have on hand in it! I have made this before with broccoli and it was great.
- 1. Make your quinoa according to the package. I made mine with 1 cup water and 1 cup vegetable broth for more flavor.
- 2. Cook egg in coconut oil and set aside.
- 3.Saute onion in a tsp of coconut oil. Add carrots and cook for a few more minutes. Add garlic and ginger. The add your frozen veggies. Last add the chicken and egg, cook
- till heated through.
- 4. Season quinoa with pepper and Braggs Aminos to taste.
- 5. Mix together quinoa and chicken/vegetable mixture together in a large bowl and serve!!