Nothing makes children happier better than colorful cookies. If you want to make yours happy, make them these red hots crinkle cookies! They will love’em!
- 3 tbsp of crushed red hots candy.
- ½ cup of softened butter.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract.
- 1 whole egg.
- ¼ tsp of baking powder.
- ⅛ tsp of baking soda.
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour.
- ½ cup of powdered sugar.
- In a plastic food bag, place the red hots and crush them with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy in a large bowl. Mix in vanilla and the egg.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together leaving the powdered sugar aside in a small bowl and add to the creamy mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the crushed candy and stir.
- In a large plate, place the powdered sugar. Form a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies on greased light-colored baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- In a preheated oven to 350°, bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes.
Simple, easy and delicious! When removing the cookies from the oven, make sure you let them sit for 3 or 4 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Give these a try, I’m sure you will like’em.