Anybody who says life’s too short to stuff a mushroom, hasn’t tried Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms – or they’ve got too much money 🙂 These are exquisite and …
What you will need:
- 35 fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound crab claw meat
- 2 cups oyster crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Saute celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.
- While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems.
- Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere.
- Combine the sauteed vegetables, chopped mushroom stems, and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of stuffing into each mushroom. Cover with sliced cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.