Love Red Lobster(R) Cheddar cheese biscuits? Try this copycat recipe for a batch of quick and easy, warm and cheesy dinnertime side treats…
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
How to MAKE it :
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with oil. In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- Carefully stir in cheese cubes until covered in flour mixture, this will help prevent your cheese from sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Fold the wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture, stir until just combined, do not over stir.
- Spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Allow cooling for one hour before slicing and serving.